Below is a list of useful resources and links for graduates of Gestalt Therapy Australia and interns of ConnectGround clinic.
VAGP is our local gestalt member organisation. Read more about them here.
Places of reconnection
We offer professional development activities for mental health practitioners, students and graduates interested in gestalt theory and applying it in practice. Professional development workshops.
Annual community event
In the first term each year we create a community event to welcome new students, re-connect with graduates and find a moment to congratulate the graduating students. Please contact the office for details of the next event.
The GTA library is located at Lygon Therapy. Students are welcome to borrow books. There are more than 200 books currently held in the library. Important works include:
- The Heart of Development: Gestalt Approaches to Working with Children, Adolescents and Their Worlds: Volume II. Edited by Mark McConville &Gordon Wheeler
- Relational Child, Relational Brain. Development and Therapy in Childhood and Adolescence. Robert G. Lee (Editor), Neil Harris (Editor)
- Awareness, Dialogue & Process. Gary M. Yontef
- Developing Gestalt Counselling. Jennifer Mackewn
- Embodied Relational Gestalt. Michael Craig Clemmens
- Gestalt Approaches with Organisations. M. Spagnuolo Lobb, F. Meulmeester
- Gestalt Reconsidered. Gordon Wheeler
- Gestalt Therapy. Dave Mann
- Gestalt Therapy; Excitement and Growth in the Human Personality. Frederick Perls, Ralph E. Hefferline and Paul Goodman
- Mindsight. Daniel J. Siegel
- Relational Organisational Gestalt. Marie-Anne Chidiac
- The Myth of Normal. Daniel Maté and Gabor Maté
- The Relational Heart of Gestalt Therapy. Peter H. Cole
Therapy and group rooms for hire
At Lygon Therapy independent practitioners offer counselling and psychotherapy for individuals, couples and groups. We have 14 therapy rooms across two sites in Carlton North and Parkville. There are 5 group rooms for group sizes 8 to 40 people. https://www.lygontherapy.com.au.